What are 5 reasons that you would choose a brand over another brand?
- The background and how it's made. If it is made in another country with people who are treated unfairly and get paid very little to make it then I won't buy it.
- How sustainable it is. If one is better for the environment than the other then I will buy it.
- If the money is going to a good cause (e.g. the Wellington Free Ambulance) and the other is just going to the business only, then I will get the one that is going to a good cause. I think it's important to support causes that need more help through how you shop.
- The price. If I can get the same item from 2 different brands, but they cost different prices, I'm going to get the cheaper option so I can save that money and spend it on something else.
- How it looks. I'm always going to go to the more appealing product rather than one I don't like the look of as much.
What are your 3 favourite brands?
- Instagram - I like to see what my favourite influencers and celebrities are up to.
- Glassons - they have my preferred look of clothing.
- Snapchat - so I can ‘talk’ to my friends easier.
What brand do you dislike?
What makes you dislike this brand?
Nestle has been involved with child labour which I definitely don’t like. As much as I like chocolate, I don't want it if it has been made using ingredients provided by unethical labour practices.
What social media have you used that you no longer use?
When I was around 9 to 10 I didn't use YouTube as much because of the momo thing going on.
What social media do you use daily?
Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Tok, Whatsapp
What are your favourite social media brands to follow?
Shekou woman, Stranger Things page, OBX page
Do you prefer to buy stuff in stores or online?
In store so I can see it in real life and know it's not a scam.
Do you consider the sustainability of a brand when purchasing a product?
Yes I think it's very important.
What does sustainability mean to you?
To me it means helping and caring for the environment, the people, animals and the future.
Can you name 3 sustainable brands you use?
I use a sustainable toothbrush, reusable bags and some furniture.